There are so many opinions. The challenge is sifting through the mindless prattle to find opinions that carry weight and offer value. Hopefully I always leave you with something to think about. Something that gets your mind going and your heart feeling.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Muse

I do not have a split personality.
But I do have a “voice” in my head.
It is a pleasant voice. A soothing voice. A voice that can lead me into trouble or into good, serious introspection. She is always there, looking over my shoulder, offering me opinion or advice.
I have never seen her… only images in my mind as to what she looks like and how she feels about things.

She is the one who encouraged me to seek outside advice about my marriage challenges that I was having at the time. She is the one who pointed out my new confidant and friend. She is the one who whispered that finding “true love” was the epitome of innocence and truth.
She introduced my heart, my soul, my life… to Hell.

She is my “Muse”.

I do not know her origins, exactly, but I do believe that in a previous life we were not only well acquainted, but were good friends. Why she does what she does… has done what she has done… is completely speculation.
I take her advice and suggestions now with a “grain of salt”.
She is not a bad person. She just seems to have a different agenda for life than I do.
But she is an awesome muse… a marvelous consultant… a thought-provoking challenge to listen to and have discussion with.
She is a great collaborator.

She is after all… a Muse. And a Muse can offer insightful information and direction… if we weigh it carefully.

No comments: