There are so many opinions. The challenge is sifting through the mindless prattle to find opinions that carry weight and offer value. Hopefully I always leave you with something to think about. Something that gets your mind going and your heart feeling.

Friday, April 16, 2010

The Perfect Companion


It’s been said that a person only finds true love once. I tend to believe that statement. Now I’m not saying “falls in love” only once. A person may fall in love many times. But an individual only finds “true love” once… if ever.
If we happen to be one of the lucky few who find true love, then what we do with that opportunity is our own choice. Some are in a position to act positively on that choice. Others are not.
I was not in a position to act positively on that opportunity.
I was already married.

Am I saying you should not get married until the “perfect person” comes along? No, of course not. Life does not work that way. For the most part, each one of us must work to become the perfect person in our companion’s life.
What I am saying is that once you have chosen someone to spend your lifetime with… STOP LOOKING!! I’m not being facetious in this comment. I’m very serious. The danger… and disappointment… is in finding the “perfect person” once you are already committed to someone else.

Relationships are a serious thing and should not be negotiated lightly. Elements of “trust” and “honor” enter in which must be addressed.
Finding a “perfect person” when you are already committed to another is nothing more than embarking on a journey down the road of Hell. There are no easy or acceptable alternatives.

Become the perfect person for your chosen companion. Avoid the “Perfect Hell” that happens if you do not.
I know what I’m talking about… because I am now traveling the road of the “Perfect Hell”.

No comments: